The midterm will be held in-person tentatively on Tuesday, March 7th, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM PT.
The final will be held in-person on Tuesday, May 9th, 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM PT.
If you would like to request an alteration, or you have DSP accommodations, please fill out the midterm alterations form by Sunday, March 5th, 11:59 PM PT. We will respond to all alteration requests submitted before this date by Monday, March 6th, 11:59 PM PT.
After this point, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate any alteration requests, and requests will be reviewed on a rolling basis. However, if you're feeling unwell or there's an emergency, please email
Please only email
cs61c@ for emergencies or if you're feeling unwell. Please do not post on Ed, since there's a higher chance of us missing your post.
The midterm covers the following topics:
- Every lecture through Lecture 17
- Every lab through Lab 4
- Every discussion through Discussion 6
- Every homework through Homework 5
- Projects 1 and 2
Materials only covered in the textbook are not within scope.
The exam is closed-book, closed-note, closed-internet, with the following exceptions:
- You can prepare and use up to 1 two-sided cheat sheet for the midterm. You can reuse your midterm cheat sheets for the final.
- Cheat sheets must be handwritten. Digitally handwritten notes may be printed and used.
- On the exam, you will be provided with pages 1 through 3 of the 61C reference card, which includes the RISC-V reference tables and an ASCII table.
- In-person exams will be conducted in assigned exam rooms. You will receive confirmation of your exam room and seat number the night before the exam. Here's a screenshot of the seating tool.
On the Day of the Exam
- If you're not feeling well, please submit the alterations form ASAP (even after the deadline) and we will reach out with next steps.
- Please bring:
- Pencil/erasers or pen (black or blue ink)
- Student ID card
- Cheat sheets (if you have any)
- Optional: A silent, non-smart watch
- Please try to get to your room early, so that we can start on time.
- We'll give you a paper copy of the exam on which you can write your answers, and a copy of the reference card.